Thursday, April 15, 2010

What was that about best laid plans?




Dave was busy preparing the vegetable garden today. The plan was to put in some compost and then till it tomorrow. We had to come up with a new game plan when he came across a little nest right in the middle of the garden. We counted at least five baby bunnies snuggled in tightly together. Guess that explains the rabbit we saw n the backyard yesterday evening. The preparation and plantings will be on hold until Mother Nature is finished with the area.


4 comments:

  1. HOW CUTE! Hey what's going on with the M.N.R and the Hawk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nolan!

    Unfortunately I don't have any updates to share. I've emailed and left phone messages asking for updates and haven't heard back :( I have not seen an MNR vehicle over at the neighbour's either. I would like to hear something (even if they decided not to pursue it and their reason for that choice). I think it discourages people from reporting if they are left hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I figured that would happen.......... if they do follow up you won't hear about it for months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is frustrating. I was really scared about reporting it- worried about repercussions from the neighbour etc. I had quite a few sleepless nights and was keeping an eye out for the MNR vehicle in their driveway. So far, nothing (that I've seen) and no comments from the neighbour and no feedback from the MNR. Even if they decided not to pursue it, I wish they would say "it wasn't a gunshot" or "it's not illegal" etc. I know that the MNR is like most gov't offices- understaffed, stretched thin etc, but I just would like one email saying it's still active or case closed. How long do I have to worry about watching my back over this??

    ReplyDelete