Thursday, May 28, 2009

Empty Nest- no longer just an amazing 80s tv show










Yes, this morning we are suffering from empty nest syndrome. After waking to much peeping outside our bedroom window, I saw a baby robin perched on the back porch. I watched him(or her?) for quite awhile and he just sat there, all puffed up. I went outside to the back porch and he still didn't move. Momma was nearby with worms in her mouth. She flew up to the nest, then down to him and dropped the food in his mouth. I called Dave up and we saw the nest is empty. Already!!



This baby is the only one we've seen around this morning, but I did see an adult robin flying around out front up to a tree as well, so the other babies might be out front. It's been about three hours and the baby is still sitting tight on the back porch. I guess he's reluctant to leave too. I'll keep an eye out and see how he does throughout the day. Here are some pics:






No comments:

Post a Comment