Friday, May 29, 2009

Empty Nest 2

No, not a sequel to the show. Just some updates.

The baby robin sat out on the back deck most of the day. It was only some time after 3 pm that I didn't see it any more. I thought I heard some peeping/rustling outside the window. Dave and I both checked under the deck and in the garden, but we didn't see it. So if it was still there, it was well hidden from view of any predator hawks/owls (I hope). No sign of them this morning either. I saw the adult robins a bit in the yard last night, but that was about it. I wonder if they'll reuse the nest for a second time this year. Dave checked the nest last night and it was completely empty, so all eggs hatched and all babies appear to have fledged successfully.

Here are more pics of the baby waiting it out in the rain.




No comments:

Post a Comment