Friday, October 29, 2010

Black birds everywhere!








Yesterday, Thursday, October 28th, I observed well over 100 American Crows in a distant farmer's field. I suspect they were migrating and came down for a break due to the high winds. Luckily my mother and aunt were here to witness it as well. It was amazing to see so many at once (definitely a first for me!). They just kept coming and coming! They were too far away to get a picture, but it's something I won't forget!

This morning we have another massive flock of black birds in the yard. They are mostly Red-winged Blackbirds (including at least one female), and a few Cowbirds and Grackles. We also saw 5-7 American Robins, including some eating grapes off the vine on the back deck.

Just a reminder that Project Feeder Watch starts soon! It's not too late to sign up and it's a fun project to participate in.


Pictures of the Fox Sparrows we saw on October 23rd:









No comments:

Post a Comment