Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Juvenile Red-Tailed Hawk









Brittney and my brother saw this hawk hanging around the front yard this morning. He got close up and was waiting for activity at the feeders to resume. Before he had the chance to get some lunch, he was mobbed by a group of Blue Jays. They chased him out of the yard and he went across the road into a neighbour's tree. We lost sight of him after that. Hopefully he'll get a chance to eat soon, although I'm glad he didn't get one of our regulars. Here are some wonderful shots taken by B and my brother:












3 comments:

  1. Wow. What wonderful pictures!

    Bones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I called Dave at work and told him to read the update and he didn't believe we took these pics! He thought I must have copied them from another site or something (what does that say about my rep??). Anyway, once he saw the wide shot with the tree, he recognized it from the one closest to the house in the front yard b/c it has that funny looking branch. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the wide shot because he's giving the evil eye to a squirrel that dared to come close to him.

    That squirrel must be nuts.

    ReplyDelete