Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What bird would you be?

Brittney asked us if you could be any bird, what bird would you be? So I thought I would post it and see what other people's answers are. Please share in the comments section.

For the record,
I pick Barn Owl. I love the look of these guys- their unique heart-shaped faces, with their black, black eyes, their overall light colouring and almost ghost-like appearance. They can live almost everywhere and seem to be very adaptable. I love that their flight is described as "eerily silent", and their call sounds like a screaming woman and gives out a hiss (no run-of-the-mill hooting for this bird). I found this history of the barn owl:

"Common names like "Demon Owl", "Death Owl" or "Ghost Owl" show that the rural population considered Barn Owls to be birds of evil omen in many places. Consequently, they were often persecuted by farmers, unawares of the benefit these birds bring."

Sounds about right for how nature has been overlooked and misunderstood by people.



and for some immature reason, I think Dave picked Dickcissel

(just kidding, I forget what he said).

2 comments:

  1. I would be the evening Grosbeak I love the coulers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Evening Grosbeack mostly becasue they are sooo gorgous and there very cute I like how the tip of the wings are white! :P

    Heres a link to an picture
    http://www.all-birds.com/Grosbeak.htm

    ReplyDelete